The Association for Advancing Automation (A3) is looking for a dynamic, outgoing, and experienced professional to lead our educational programs. The successful candidate for Director of Educational Programs will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of A3’s technology education strategies. A3’s associations (AIA, MCMA, and RIA) offer several different types of educational opportunities from online webinars to in-person conferences.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage educational programs, goals and objectives for A3;
- Identify future trends in automation technologies to integrate into A3’s educational programs;
- Ensure quality of A3’s educational programs, actively solicit educational content and speakers/instructors;
- Lead A3’s education committees;
- Act as liaison to A3’s education (colleges/universities) members.
The successful candidate will join our talented team of 20 in our beautiful Ann Arbor, Michigan offices. You’ll be a key member of North America’s leading automation trade group – automation is a very hot industry right now! A3 offers great benefits, growth opportunities, interesting domestic and international travel, all in a very stable organization that is well-funded and dates back to 1974. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Minimum five years of experience in management and administration of educational programs
- Knowledge or experience in robotics, machine vision and/or motion control
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field. Advanced degree in business or management is a plus
- Great communications skills
- Outside-the-box creative ideas
- Positive attitude and ability to get along well with people
- Ability to travel
- Experience working with or in a trade association is a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Proven track record of success
To apply, please send your resume to Bob Doyle.